Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
As a Senior Antenna Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive advanced active antenna systems. You will work closely with Project Kuiper’s other sub-teams and engage third party suppliers to drive key aspects of product definition, design, optimization, implementation and test.
In this role, you will be responsible for the development and integration of antenna systems into products, including:
· Define antenna concepts and requirements during product definition
· Lead antenna design, optimization, implementation and validation
· Develop analysis tools on various types of antennas and antenna systems
· Develop interfaces to existing RF and antenna design tools
· Conduct trade-off analysis in collaboration with third party suppliers (RF, Mechanical, EE)
· Build and test active antenna prototypes and front-end circuits
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· MSc in EE with some RF and antenna coursework or research, or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of experience of research and/or development in antenna design
· 2+ years of experience in programming in Matlab, Python or C++
· 1+ year of design experience in design and analysis or RF building blocks such as filters, hybrids, combiners
· Experience with one of the mainstream antenna simulation tools (CST, HFSS,…)
· 1+ years of experience in testing antenna and/or RF systems
· 1+ year of experience with system analysis tools such as ADS, AWR or Genesys
· PhD in EE with RF- or antenna-related thesis research
· Strong foundations in antennas: Impedance matching, theoretical and practical limitations
· Experience in development of computational tools
· Experience with active RF circuits and front-end design
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age