Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
In this role, you will perform initial trade studies, then support development of the detailed program and technical management plans for performance, schedule, budget and resources for the satellite’s electric propulsion system. You will support architecture determination and system configuration, including make/buy decisions on all system components, and configuring the system from scratch. The successful candidate will build the team who will design, build, integrate and test the propulsion element, and manage the system on-orbit. You will also mentor senior and junior colleagues responsible for all the above goals.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or EE, or equivalent experience.
· 7+ years of relevant experience.
· Experience with design and operation of space ion propulsion.
· Experience with spacecraft electrical, thermal, and mechanical environments.
· Experience maintaining a business critical database documenting product life cycle.
· Experience managing a team and leadership history.
· Successful history of on-orbit propulsion operations.
· Advanced degree in a relevant field.
· Prior experience administering high value technical contracts.
· Volume manufacturing of complex high-power electronics.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age