Amazon’s Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide – and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on…
As a Senior Software Development Engineer working in the Prime Video Living Room team, you will lead the design and development of significant technical projects by both achieving results through other SDE's as well as writing critical-path code yourself. In collaboration with the Software Development Manager on the team, you will influence your team’s technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approach, take the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous technical problems, architecture deficiencies, or areas where your team’s software bottlenecks the innovation of other teams. To achieve results through others, you will demonstrate technical influence over 1-2 teams, either via a collaborative software effort or by increasing their productivity and effectiveness by driving software engineering best practices. You'll also lead design reviews for your team, actively participate in design reviews across the org, provide insightful code reviews and actively mentor other engineers.
We care about your career growth, too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you’ll review it regularly to ensure you’re on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger problems, or get to the next level, we’ll help you get there. Our business is growing fast, and our people will grow with it.
Job Posted: 8th April 2019
Closing Date: 6th May 2019
· Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Highly proficient in at least one of Java, C++, C# or Objective-C.
· Experience with React Native, Node.js, and Next.js.
· Algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency & performance optimization.
· Object-oriented development and design patterns.
· OS fundamentals and systems architecture.
· Databases including SQL, noSQL, schema design and optimization
· Cloud computing, large-scale and high-availability distributed architecture
· Experience working with Agile methods
· Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
· Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
· Highly pragmatic; we use technology to solve real-world problems expediently.
· Experience leading & influencing software engineering best practices within your team and across others for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, design reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience mentoring software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective, product software engineers
· Linux/UNIX including command-line tools and scripting
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.