Amazon is seeking a Senior Program Manager to join the Tax team within the Finance organization. This is an exciting and challenging role, and will give the right person a chance to be part of a company and a team making history. Large multi-nationals are facing a period of unprecedented tax reform. This reform will have a significant impact to all business units competing in the global market. Our program management team leads the charge and partners with teams across Amazon to plan, coordinate, and implement mission critical projects resulting from operating a global business in a time of unprecedented change.
We are looking for a Senior PM to join this amazing team. Successful candidates will have experience in at least two of the following three disciplines – Finance (specifically Tax and/or Accounting), Program Management and Technology – and can become well versed in all three in order to bridge across our diverse group of stakeholders. The candidate needs to be able to easily understand the business line, technical and finance/accounting/tax disciplines, and the impacts of each on the project. They also need to be able to support communications in these areas with current process owners and project stakeholders.
Job responsibilities include:
· Managing work streams and/or projects within the Tax portfolio from initiation through planning, execution, and closeout.
· Taking the lead role with project owners, sponsors and subject matter experts to align on project and workstream objectives.
· Communicating the overall program roadmap and periodic status updates to executive stakeholder body including Amazon Businesses, Tax, Accounting, Treasury, HR, Legal, Finance Operations and related technical teams.
· Identifying areas of risk to the project scope or timeline, and escalating to program leadership in a timely manner.
· Synthesizing requirements coming from many functions and demonstrating a solid working knowledge of requirements to project stakeholders and sponsors.
· Resource planning for PM team, from creation of plan to justification of needs to program sponsors.
· Executing against project closeout process and practices.
· Supporting the development and implementation of enterprise wide program management tools and standards to support program management core competencies within the team, and within broader Finance.
· 5+ years of experience - must have experience in two out of three of Finance (particularly Tax and Accounting), Program Management, and IT .
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Ideally have experience in Finance (particularly Tax and Accounting), Program Management, and IT .
· Experience in many of the following disciplines is desired: tax compliance and reporting, external and internal audit, SOX, accounting month end close, controls and reconciliation process improvement, or financial systems integration.
· Experience in process and tooling / template design, and / or facilitating trainings and workshops on such content.
· Degree in business administration, accounting or tax preferred, with specialization in IT/systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.