Fresh | Prime Now seeks a Senior User Experience Designer to help us define the future of grocery shopping. We're an important and rapidly growing part of Amazon’s future, providing home delivery service on a broad selection of grocery items including fresh produce, locally sourced meat and seafood, dry goods, and specialty and prepared food. Our rapidly growing organization produces innovative and delightful customer experiences across mobile, tablet and desktop products.
As the ideal candidate, you’re passionate about designing global products that are intuitive and bring value to consumer's lives. You seek to empathize and understand your customer’s needs, then translate those needs into specific interaction and UI designs. You thrive on informed iteration in order to design experiences that work, and at scale. You have an impeccable design sense, and a keen eye for detail and craft. Collaboration is in your DNA, but you aren’t afraid prioritize, make decisions and communicate with authority.
· Work closely with cross-functional teams and collaborate with product managers, developers, and other designers to define and produce solutions for real customer problems
· Manage, coach, and mentor 1-2 UX designers working in the same space
· Contribute to the architecture of near and long-term user experience visions for features and product lines across applicable devices and locales
· Support your design work using all available insights including quantitative data and site metrics, customer feedback, and usability findings
· Advocate for and follow user-centered design
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mockups and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
· Develop and maintain effective specifications and design patterns
· Responsibly and effectively advocate for the customer in a corporate environment; fostering a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between design, content, business and marketing values
· Lead design reviews and present to senior stakeholders and executive-level leadership
· Scope design initiatives and manage/prioritize work items
· At least 8 years designing user experiences for web applications, services, and/or digital products.
· Portfolio including work from concept to completion, demonstrating your process of driving results from business/user problems to final product.
· Ability to determine and work at the right level of fidelity for a given situation. You should be comfortable communicating ideas visually from a whiteboard, a sketchpad, wireframes, and visual mockups.
· Experience working with engineers to construct dynamic, interactive designs that are technically feasible.
· Ability to communicate ideas, decisions and reasoning clearly and confidently. Can influence and persuade based on data.
· Solid understanding of information architecture, mastery of user interface design, and strong visual design sensibility.
· Manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task while collaborating with engineers, product managers, and other designers in an iterative environment.
· Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
· Exposure to user research techniques such as contextual inquiry, user interviews, usability testing, as well as a solid understanding of how to incorporate insights from user research into the user interface design process.
· Must be able to work on multiple projects, prioritize, and stay focused while rapidly iterating in a cross-functional environment.
· 3+ years managing designers
· Talent for creating imaginative design solutions while supporting pattern consistency within a broader ecosystem
· Retail/e-commerce design experience in a global context
· Service Design experience
· Native App Design experience. Familiarity with both iOS and Android design patterns
· Experience working with international teams