AmazonFresh | Prime Now | Restaurants seeks a Senior User Researcher to help us define the future of grocery shopping. We're an important and rapidly growing part of Amazon’s future, providing home delivery service on a broad selection of grocery items including fresh produce, locally sourced meat and seafood, dry goods, and specialty and prepared food. Our rapidly growing organization produces innovative and delightful customer experiences across mobile, tablet and desktop products.
We are searching for a motivated Senior User Researcher to be part of our team as we shape the next generation of grocery shopping. This position will design and conduct research activities that inform our understanding of the end-to-end shopping experience across all devices, identifying key opportunity areas, design tenets, and design direction, and will conduct agile just-in-time usability testing on concepts and prototypes. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices, experience with and passion for new consumer technology, and a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach.
This is a hybrid strategic and executional role that requires the ability to influence others and to work with minimal direction. Excellent communication skills are a must. This position will work on overlapping projects, so strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task are critical. Amazon is a fast-paced and exciting environment. The ideal candidate will have the capacity to work quickly while delivering high-quality outputs.
· Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge, project goals and risks.
· Identify best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
· Distill project goals and research questions into well thought-out research plans.
· Conduct user research with rigor while ensuring participant comfort.
· Manage iterative prototyping through close alignment with design, product, and engineering.
· Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings presentations- both verbal and written.
The ideal candidate will have:
· End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
· Hands-on experience with: lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, field research, international research, and survey design.
· Fluency in best practices for user research.
· The ability to quickly turn around high-quality study plans and reports
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization, including internationally distributed teams
· Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data.
· The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
· Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule
· 7+ years of professional experience in the research discipline and/or UX space
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
· Ability to work with development and product management teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user research principles and techniques (particularly generative research).
· 10+ years proven success contributing to User Research projects with demonstrated impact.
· A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (eg: study plans, reports)
· Masters in HCDE, HCI, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology or similar
· Experience with quantitative & behavioral research methods (e.g. surveys, web analytics, statistics).