This position is based in Seattle and will be responsible for providing, coordinating, and supervising protective services to Amazon.com senior executives and others as warranted.
· Develop and implement complete security and logistical plans for domestic and international travel and appearances by senior executives and others
· Anticipate, assess and manage situations creating a risk of harm to senior executives and others. Make critical decisions, without management consultation or approval, regarding the expeditious and safe resolution of such situations, directing others, including non employees, and interfacing with law enforcement and potentially hostile and/or disturbed individuals.
· Maintain a database of communications and personnel that create a potential risk of harm to senior executives and others. Analyze data from database and evaluate for severity and nature of risk to senior executives and others. Develop and implement appropriate security response to address risk.
· Conduct investigations of individuals/situations and make recommendations on minimizing any risk of harm to senior executives or others.
· Coordinate security/logistical planning with other senior executive support staff, security personnel of other organizations, event planners, law enforcement personnel, etc.
· Respond to alarms or other indications of risk or duress.
· Monitor security systems and supervise response to alarm conditions.
· Develop and implement crisis management plans for the senior executives and others. · Hire and manage consultants as necessary.
· Develop and implement training for senior executives, senior executive support personnel and Protective Services Specialists.
· Interview, hire and supervise Protective Services Specialists.
· BA/BS degree, preferably in a business or security-related area, or equivalent work experience
· Position requires occasional business travel internationally and domestically for up to a week or more with little or no notice
· Formal training in executive protection plus 5 years of experience.
· Highly developed driving skills and a good driving record
· Ability to make independent judgments with little or no oversight
· Strong problem resolution and independent planning
· On call availability 24 x 7
· Experience making high-stress decisions in a fast paced, dynamic environment with the ability to work with little to no supervision
· Experience developing and managing security plans for various sized events
· Executive protection experience
· Ability to work as an individual and part of a complex team
· Excellent judgement, discretion and diplomacy
· Strong communication both written and verbal
· Comfortable traveling on short notice
· Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration, or Security Management
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age