Amazon Go is hiring for a Principle Technical Program Manager, to help drive new technical and operational programs for Amazon Go. In this role, you will be responsible for a core functional area that heavily impacts the roadmaps of our software, hardware, and research programs. You will work alongside tech and business leaders to develop software and hardware architecture that helps power our Amazon Go store. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, creative and able to drive solutions in collaboration with other teams and stakeholders.
You must be fully competent in a variety of project management tools, methodologies and techniques for all phases of the project life-cycle and exhibit demonstrated proficiency in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk management, reporting and metric development/tracking.
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazon, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
· Work with engineering and product management to translate business requirements into technical/functional specifications.
· Build project plans, balancing business needs with project risks and resource availability.
· Drive engineering project execution, make technical trade-offs, track and report on status, and resolve blocking issues.
· Coordinate cross-team efforts spanning dozens of retail services and tools teams.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline. 8-12 years of experience the software industry, taking a product through its complete lifecycle.
· Track record of successfully delivering projects on time, to scope, with high quality.
· Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines.
· Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others.
· Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
· High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Experience driving multiple products through a complete lifecycle
· High Scale services experience in an online retail environment
· Experience managing multiple teams.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Track record for being detail-oriented