Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Engineer with a strong understanding of algorithms and common software design patterns to build industry-leading Speech and Language technology. Experience in and a passion for machine learning is also strongly recommended. Our mission is to push the envelope in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Audio Signal Processing, text-to-speech (TTS), and Dialog Management, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As a software engineer, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms, extend customer-facing services, and work with our science team on modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language understanding. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding.
Our team focuses on text transformations such as converting between spoken and written form text which is a key part of how data can be used to improve speech recognition accuracy and is also used when speech recognition output is displayed to customers. We have a robust and exciting roadmap of ideas that need innovative solutions.
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics
· Experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python.
· Experience in building speech recognition and/or natural language processing systems
· Experience in machine learning and familiarity with standard speech and/or machine learning techniques.
· Familiarity with common machine learning tools and languages such as theano, tensor flow, R, PyTorch, or Keras
· Software development-aligned critical thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
· Professional software development experience
· Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, or machine learning.
· Good written and spoken communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age