Amazon’s Sustainability organization points Amazon’s innovative culture at environmental and social impacts with enormous scale. We consider the full lifecycle of our impact, from supply chain to customer experience, operational efficiency to waste diversion. We take action to improve the impact Amazon has on the environment, looking for wins that are good for our customers and our business as well. Sustainability Science is a team of environmental and social research scientists and product managers answering core sustainability questions for the larger organization and looking around corners to identify long term environmental and social hotspots.
Sustainability’s Science and Innovation team is looking for a Principal Product Manager to develop long-term strategies for key sustainability topics such as carbon, waste, food, and toxics, and to deliver short-term, measurable impacts in an ambiguous environment. At its core, we need someone to deliver high quality results for our customers, while setting long term vision for the company. This role is inherently cross-functional, starting from a scientific and research base, then working with both business and technical teams to develop solutions and then present the outcome to executive teams. The PM will be responsible for creating a multi-year vision of a few of the experiences we want to enable, and then exhibit a passion for seeing that vision to measurable results – experimenting quickly and developing methods to scale the best of those ideas. This role has visibility with senior leadership.
· Lead the development and execution of new strategies aligning customer preferences and business needs with sustainability outcomes.
· Define high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategies and vision.
· Work with scientists, engineers and product teams to map, measure and embed environmental impacts across Amazon’s operations.
· Develop mechanisms for ongoing improvements to customers’ sustainability impacts, both internal and external.
· Address barriers through creative problem solving and coordination with stakeholders.
· Communicate successes and your strategy by writing narratives and influencing peers and senior leadership.
· Communicate performance, articulating goals and metrics as well as root-cause analysis.
· Innovate and experiment on behalf of customers and their stated preferences.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, mathematics, or related field.
· 7+ years professional experience in product management, financial analysis, consumer and business software, operations leadership, or program management.
· 7+ years of experience developing, defining, managing and executing products in a fast-paced environment.
· Proven ability to analyze data from disparate sources and turn that analysis into a recommendation.
· Experience using rapid prototyping and other creative processes to gather direct customer feedback early in the product development process.
· Strong communication and data presentation skills including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
· Bias for action, with successful experience in iterating for greater impact.
· Experience leading new sustainability initiatives in large organizations with indirect influence.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.