What we’re seeking:
The AWS Infrastructure Supply Chain and Procurement (ISCaP) team is seeking a Senior Program Manager with strong analytical skills to individually contribute on New Region data center global expansion projects.
What you’ll do:
This role is customer focused, and will drive process improvements to create a more effective and efficient supply chain. Analyzing trends of industry suppliers to develop innovative ideas that reduce cost, minimize risk, protect the continuity of supply, and maximize emerging opportunities will be critical to success in this role.
The candidate for this role will lead engagements with multiple internal stakeholders to drive strategies through execution. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be comfortable independently leading special projects focused on continuous improvement that ensure the availability and reliability of the AWS Supply Chain. Exceptional project management skills, customer obsession, ownership, bias for action, and concise communication skills are key leadership tenants associated with this role.
Come join brilliant minds that help make significant contributions that enhance the AWS infrastructure, for millions of customers worldwide!
What’s expected from you:
· Serve as a key member of the AWS Infrastructure Supply Chain team in helping to define and deliver complex global supply chain strategy.
· Collaborate with multiple departments including Product & Trade Compliance, Legal, Engineering, Finance, Tax, Procurement, Business Development, and other Technical partners to comprehend and quantify the impacts of supply chain roadmap decisions.
· Work with external vendors to understand forecast and demand planning requirements across multiple programs globally.
· Prepare detailed and data-driven business reviews to senior leadership, focused on status updates, critical findings, hits & misses, and strategic improvement recommendations.
· Leverage internal systems to consolidate and analyze data, identifying moments opportunities to invent and simplify tools and/or processes where opportunities exist.
· Grasp the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of the supply chain activities.
· Align with stakeholders to provide actionable insights on financial performance and opportunities to improve infrastructure supply chain.
· Ensure priorities are managed effectively through critical path assessments in the owned area of the New Region space.
Work location is Seattle, WA or Northern Virginia.
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Program Management, Engineering, Business or other related quantitative discipline.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in supply chain, including some experience with supply chain modeling and other statistical analysis tools.
· 3+ years of experience in program management, planning, manufacturing, finance or related field.
· 2+ years of experience with advanced Excel features (e.g. Power Query, Power Pivot, etc.)
· MBA or advanced degree in supply chain, engineering, operations research, logistics, mathematics or other quantitative disciplines.
· 5+ years of professional experience in high technology or consumer electronics.
· Advanced knowledge of data center products and their global supply chains.
· Experience with global supply chain strategies.
· Government or military work experience and/or engagement.
· Experience developing innovative solutions that solve complex problems which may not have one clear answer.
· Comfortable with ambiguity; must be able to make order out of chaos.
· Knowledge of Alteryx Designer and Tableau Developer
· Experience writing SQL queries and creating Business Intelligence analytics/reports
· Excellent discretion, judgment, and executive presence.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age