The Alexa Connected Devices organization has started an exciting new initiative to establish a new API suite for the Alexa ecosystem. Our goal is to make it easier for application developers to deliver lovable use-cases across the Alexa.
This API suite will make application development simpler by abstracting away the underlying Alexa complexities. This will provide a first class experience to our development community, increase their innovation velocity, and unleash their ability to enable sophisticated user experiences and delight Alexa customers .
We are on the lookout for a creative, deeply technical and customer-obsessed Snr. SDE to partner with us, and define and drive technology and architecture that defines the future of this highly-visible platform. These systems are the underlying foundation to enable upcoming and future innovation internally and externally!
If you are a sharp, seasoned software engineer with a creative flare, a solid software engineer with a strong computer science foundation, and a desire to be a leader in delivering the next generation technology, we want to talk with you.
What’s the opportunity?
· This is a highly visible role, operating with many technical leaders and product managers across Alexa – with stakeholders at all levels of the organizations, including senior leadership.
· This is a highly visible team interacting with a diverse range of developers and partners for enablement of rich user-experiences and a step towards Alexa ecosystems consolidation.
· This product platform provides a great opportunity to develop a modern trier-1 distributed and multi-tiered service, with extremely low latency, high resiliency, scalability, and extensibility.
· Solve complex architecture and business problems in an extensible and simplified way
· Define and influence technical strategy and software architecture
· Innovate on and expand our distributed systems
· Apply core software engineering skills daily – such as coding in Java, OO and systems design, and problem solving – while utilizing advanced algorithmic and analytical skills
· Mentor and grow other developers on the team or across teams
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or in an equivalent discipline
· 8 plus years of professional experience in software development/engineering
· Proficient in at least one of the following: Java, C#, or any other high-scale programming language
· Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis and design
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experienced driving ambiguous problem areas in existing or new software initiatives
· Master's Degree/PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering
· Design experience with multi-tenant, role-based architectures with granular permissions models
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems in Java/C#/other modern languages that have been successfully delivered to customers with other engineers working under your guidance
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operational excellence
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers for their career growth and effectiveness
· Experience in communicating with users, partner teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Expertise in defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Expertise in AWS products and services, and experience developing in a Linux environment
· Experience applying service-oriented architecture techniques to production use cases
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.