This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
As a rapidly growing Fortune 50 company, the Global Corporate Procurement (GCP) team is looking for a diverse team of talented people who support our culture of collaboration and innovation. This team will develop innovative sourcing strategies while negotiating sustainable, long-term partnerships.
Amazon is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) to join the Global Corporate Procurement Finance and Analytics team. This role is a critical component in the corporate sourcing process as it partners with Global Commodity Managers and business partners to review the financial impact of strategic negotiations. GCP supports multiple different areas of the business including Marketing, Building/Construction, HR, Professional Services, Software and Technology, among others. This role requires someone who excels at managing multiple complex priorities simultaneously, while also building strong partnerships with cross-functional business partners. Senior Financial Analysts are well versed in financial concepts and tools, are experts in performing multifaceted financial analysis, and clearly communicate the outcomes from these analyses. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be a part of a team that is having a daily impact on company success.
Primary responsibilities of this role:
· Design, build, and maintain multi-variable, complex models to determine the costs and benefits of strategic sourcing decisions, including highlighting relevant key factors and recommendations.
· Support and maintain reporting to highlight key factors impacting product costs.
· Develop and deliver content for cross functional operational reviews with internal leadership.
· Support internal Finance and Procurement teams in delivering actionable insights on financial performance and opportunities to improve.
· Collaborate with multiple departments including Finance, Tax, Procurement, and Accounting to understand and quantify the impacts of purchasing at Amazon.
· Research market conditions to understand the impact on projects
· Lead key initiatives related to cost management, reporting, and forecasting.
· Drive cost management policies.
· 6+ years of experience in a financial or quantitative measurement position.
· 3+ years of experience working with procurement and sourcing teams (i.e. working with contracts and negotiations).
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting; or equivalent combination of experience.
· Expert level skill with MS Excel.
· Experience in working with global, cross-functional teams.
· Master’s Degree (MBA/MS).
· Strong financial acumen experience and analytics skills with a high proficiency data analysis and financial modeling.
· Expert level skill set with MS Access and/or similar software packages.
· Familiarity with leading projects and project management practices.
· Comfort in a fast paced, demanding environment.
· Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
· Creative and proactive problem solver.
· Ability to work collectively with others, leveraging everyone’s skills, to arrive at optimal solutions.
· Excellent discretion, judgment, and executive presence.
· Polished time management/prioritization skills, as one will be working on several unrelated important projects at the same time.
· Proven ability to work cross-functionally with others in and outside your organization.
· Ability to tackle projects that are new to Amazon with inherently ambiguous parameters.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation