If you are passionate about using your product management skills to help build innovative devices and services and make a global impact, we should talk.
The Device Analytics team supports the entirety of Amazon’s device portfolio. The team owns a program to standardize metrics across all Amazon devices. These metrics will be used by product teams and executives to make business decisions related to our products. The team is hiring a Senior Product Manager Technical to help us define and build the future of the business critical metrics for a variety of Amazon devices.
As a Sr. PM-T on the team, you will be responsible for working with multiple teams, including product lines, economists, business intelligence, and development teams to define new metrics important to the business. You will drive product teams to ensure these metrics launch with their products, and work with data engineering and BI teams to deliver these metrics to executives. You will be responsible for maintaining high-quality of these metrics by working with teams from instrumentation all the way to reporting that help. You will own the communication to keep stakeholders informed.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) is required. Being able to work and understand technical issues and communicate them to business stakeholders is a requirement. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical product management in a software applications environment.
· Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels across the business.
· Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive decisions.
· Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units.
· Experience writing SQL queries.
· Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules on a global scale.
· Experience with agile or other program management methodologies.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
· History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.