Alexa Speech enables Alexa to acknowledge, understand, and respond to customers as well as a human would, on any endpoint, in any language. Join us as we invent the future.
We're seeking a Principal Product Manager (Technical). In this role you will you will define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap that adds great value to Alexa’s customers. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
· Lead the development of the product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
· Define compelling, creative, product roadmaps based on your strategy and vision
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
· Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
· Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
· Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may affect the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Minimum of 10+ years of customer focused product management experience.
· 5+ years of experience working on Internet-scale web services for consumers, designing and implementing infrastructure and/or application management products and services.
· Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
· Experience working as part of a Software Development Team
· Experience working with stakeholders across many functions
· Expertise in agile software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile estimation and planning, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Track record for managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation