The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Amazon, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This program is 100% virtual during the 16 week returnship program. There is a possibility of a full time offer conversion post returnship. These full time offers will likely be based out of Seattle, and all full time opportunities will offer relocation packages.
Do you want to define the future of Internet commerce?
Are you a top-notch software engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, the drive to build and ship products often, a solid computer science foundation, and the desire to build Amazon's next generation Internet-facing technology? Come talk with us about joining our team to expand Internet commerce.
Is your next project defining a world class Internet service?
With us, you will be building cutting-edge applications and services in an environment of highly distributed systems used by millions of sellers and even more millions of retail customers. Your innovation could provide new functionality for sellers, expand mobile device usage for retail customers, deploy new web standards, or expand Amazon’s web services with the goal of making it as easy for anyone to sell on Amazon as it is to buy from Amazon.
Are you ready to create systems to expand one of the world’s largest e-commerce engines?
If so, come be a member of Amazon’s Merchant Technologies team. Our software engineers design and build world-class software solutions for millions of sellers from around the globe to sell on Amazon.com. Your work will be powering the Amazon online marketplaces in many countries and continents.
Are you excited to work at the scale of the biggest Internet companies?
You have the opportunity to help create solutions that will scale to accommodate rapid processing and integration with large enterprise customers. However, to make it even more interesting, the solutions must also support intuitive world class UI for your neighbor to sell extra books, video games, photography equipment, and the largest selection of possible products that can be found anywhere.
Bought something on Amazon lately?
Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with about one-third of all items currently sold originating from marketplace sellers. Have you ever noticed the “See more buying choices” or “New & Used offers” while you’re shopping on Amazon? Maybe you’ve sold an old textbook or extra movie yourself. The Merchant Technologies team owns services that enable that functionality and more.
Amazon is a premier place to build, deploy and operate Internet-scale services.
Join our development team to work hard, have fun and make history. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building a selling experience to complement Amazon’s world-class websites.
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
· 5+ years of industry experience.
· Experience in designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, Object Oriented Design and Distributed Programming or other similar languages.
· Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
· Excellent communication, problem solving, and written skills.
· Open to relocate to Seattle
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
· 7+ years of industry experience.
· Innovative and creative with Web technologies to build high performing websites and web services.
· Expert knowledge of Java.
· AWS Technologies such: DynamoDB, Kinesis, Elastic Search, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
· Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment.