Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon's AWS cloud services? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
Amazon Financial Technology Team is looking for a results-oriented, driven software development engineer, who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. We need someone to design and develop services that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually.
A Software Development Engineer (SDE) at Amazon works on real world problems on a global scale, owns their systems end to end and influences the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world. You can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many rapidly growing organizations.
You will learn all about how to design, implement and test highly scalable solutions using AWS cloud platform and its many products, in challenging agile projects, working with best in class professionals.
In this role you will:
Deliver a Best-in-Class customer experience by continuously improving platform, code and services that enable receivables globally
Build services/integration for Financial Applications
Design and Develop Best integration patterns for our system. Leverage and integrate with different tools, technologies and products within Amazon to reduce operational cost and enhance customer experience
Partner directly with other Software Development Engineers (SDEs), Technical Program Managers, Functional Analysts and Customers to understand features and continuously identify opportunities to build and deploy software solutions
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5 Years of professional work experience with a proven track record in development of software/systems
· Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
· Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Experience with large scale distributed systems
· Experience with Amazon Web Services
· Development experience in a Linux/Unix environment
· Experience with Oracle Database or e-Business suite of Financial applications
· Experience building complex, highly scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation