The Amazon Business Marketplace launched in 2015, with the goal of serving business and institutional customers from-operators all the way to large multinational corporations. Our goal is to help our customers configure their Amazon Business accounts to maximize productivity and profitability benefits we can bring to their purchasing processes. Over the past year, we have brought on hundreds of thousands of customers and tens of thousands of business sellers. In the Amazon Business Marketplace, customers have access to millions of business-priced items, as well as the entire Amazon.com marketplace. We offer additional features like free 2-day Business Shipping, workflow and approvals management, detailed reporting, shared payment methods and tax exemption certifications.
Amazon Business team is dedicated to developing solutions that make it easy for business customers to buy on Amazon.com. Our managers define strategy and execute tactical plans to help government and nonprofit organizations, reinvent the way they buy indirect supplies for their companies.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
The ideal candidate will have experience building sales teams from scratch, growing the sales leadership skills of other leaders, consistently delivering multi-million $ quotas, executing sales strategy and tactics, developing cross-functional relationships, and voice customer feedback to internal stakeholders.
· While always placing the customer first, lead the team to deliver results by executing daily, weekly, and monthly targets in support of operating objectives
· Ownership in the continued build-out and documentation of infrastructure practices and processes for acquiring customers
· Constantly strive to raise the bar in terms of talent, execution, process design, goals, and incentives
· Partner with Sales Operations and Marketing to test, measure, and execute acquisition ideas
Partner with Category and Product Management teams to provide customer perspective and engagement opportunities, as well as customer-driven product improvement ideas
· BA/BS required
· 10 years of sales management and/or operations experience
· 5+ years of people management experience
· 3+ Salesforce.com experience
· Knowledge of B2B sales, procure to pay processes and procurement systems
· Distribution sales experience
· Strong quantitative skills
· Experience with scaling organizations, hiring and growing top talent
· Capable of developing regional territory plans and report on them monthly
· MBA or Master’s degree
· Experience working with executive leadership in large organizations
· Ability to converse with customer stakeholders including CPs, VP’s Supply Chain, CIO, etc
· Proven ability to influence or coach others
· SaaS technology · Business automations and optimizations
· Expert use of MS Office Suite, CRMs (i.e. Salesforce.com) and other systems
· Government & Nonprofit sales experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age