Does serving ads to billions of search requests daily and finding the most relevant ads for a search page from billions of ads in 10s of milliseconds excite you?
The Sponsored Products Search Sourcing and Relevance team owns finding the appropriate ads to surface to customers when they search for products on Amazon. We strive to understand our customers’ intent and identify relevant ads which enable them to discover new and alternate products. This also enables sellers on Amazon to showcase their products to customers, which may at times be buried deeper in the search results.
Our systems and algorithms operate on one of the world's largest product catalogs, matching shoppers with products - with a high relevance bar and strict latency constraints. We are a team of machine learning scientists and software engineers working on complex solutions to understand the customer intent and present them with ads that are not only relevant to their actual shopping experience, but also non-obtrusive. This area is of strategic importance to Amazon Retail and Marketplace business, driving long term-growth.
We are looking for an Applied Scientist, with a background in Machine Learning to optimize serving ads on billions of product pages. The solutions you create would drive step increases in coverage of sponsored ads across the retail website and ensure relevant ads are served to Amazon's customers. You will directly impact our customers’ shopping experience while helping our sellers get the maximum ROI from advertising on Amazon. You will be expected to demonstrate strong ownership and should be curious to learn and leverage the rich textual, image, and other contextual signals. This role will challenge you to utilize cutting-edge machine learning techniques in the domain of predictive modeling, natural language processing (NLP), deep learning, reinforcement learning, query understanding, vector search (kNN) and image recognition to deliver significant impact for the business. Ideal candidates will be able to work cross functionally across multiple stakeholders, synthesize the science needs of our business partners, develop models to solve business needs, and implement solutions in production. In addition to being a strongly motivated IC, you will also be responsible for mentoring junior scientists and guiding them to deliver high impacting products and services for Amazon customers and sellers.
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related field.
· 2+ years hands on experience in applied machine learning, predictive modeling and large data analysis
· Proficient in at least one of the common programming languages, e.g., Python or Java.
· Familiar with large scale data processing technology such as Hadoop and Spark.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, or a related quantitative field
· A strong track record of innovating through machine learning and statistical algorithms and their applications.
· Strong demonstrated skills implementing and deploying large scale machine learning applications and tools.
· Strong skills and experience with programming in SQL, Hive, Pig, R, Python, and familiarity/experience with AWS.
· Previous experience in digital advertising in a strong plus.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
#adsto #sspajobs #spmpjobs #sspasv