Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. Our services scale to staggering levels, are highly distributed, and are really fun to work with. The AWS Region Services team works to deliver the security, speed, and value of the AWS Cloud to U.S. Government focused customers.
Amazon’s vision is to be the world’s most consumer-centric company. Customer challenges in information security and scaling of data are growing incredibly fast. As a TPM on the AWS Region Services team, you will lead projects spanning infrastructure and software to address our customers’ challenges. You will work across business, product, and development teams to balance cost, schedule, and technical variables to deliver projects that delight our customers. You will manage multiple high-impact projects, spanning a number of technology areas.
In order to meet our customers' high standards we hold each other and ourselves to higher ones. You will work with really smart people who are fun to be around and who are always pushing you to learn more. You will be responsible for solving big problems, where answers need to be invented, and roads are not yet paved. You will be a team builder, driving self-organizing teams.
To be a successful candidate you need to be motivated by putting your customers first; you don’t rest until the customer is happy. You need a strong technical background, are detail driven, and have excellent problem solving skills. You are self-motivated, a constant learner, and always curious about how things work. You are constantly trying to improve processes, solutions, and yourself. You learn from your mistakes, and you love working with really smart people. You need a solid understanding of project management fundamentals (e.g. business case, risk management, schedule, and negotiation). You are comfortable briefing senior leadership, you can communicate effectively with business and technical teams both verbally and in writing.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
· 5+ years of experience in technical program management, or similar technical leadership role
· 5+ years of experience with software development life cycle from conception to delivery
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen
· Experience managing a technology program and collaborating with technical managers to secure resources, scope efforts, set priorities and milestones, and drive delivery
· Experience working independently to design, plan, and execute technical projects; able to articulate rationale for making difficult trade-offs
· Proven experience in managing large scale enterprise projects and writing public technical specifications
· Experience solving challenging engineering problems with multiple constraints
· Comfort and experience with cross-team communication; excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Solid foundation in service-oriented and web-service technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age