Amazon is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer- SDK to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new best in class consumer product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
As a founding member of the team, you will work alongside product management, research, design, and engineering (EE/ME) to define and build the essential lovable product. You will be responsible for designing and developing SDKs and SDK extensions for mobile development platforms. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline or industry experience.
· 7+ years of professional software development experience
· MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Experience leveraging object oriented design practices in Java, C++ and or .Net.
· Experience delivering SDKs or developing tier-one API’s consumed by 3rd parties.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.