Are you interested in developing cutting-edge technologies and products that are influencing hundreds of millions of people worldwide? Amazon International Tech organization set up a new group in China focusing on mobile innovations, and you could be a founding member of it.
Mobile is one of the fastest growing strategic businesses within Amazon. We are a group of people who are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software. We constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience. As a senior engineer in International Tech, you’ll have huge impact on how customers interact with Amazon.
Our team's goal is to help customers accomplish their shopping mission as quickly and easily as possible. This role will invent and build new mobile app experiences which link all of the context about who a customer is, where a customer is, and what they are interested in. We partner with our personalization team to connect the dots around customer intent and simplify common shopping tasks. We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. You provide mobile perspective and context for technology choices. You’re up to the challenge of device and mobile network limitations, device fragmentation, and other mobile development curve balls. You are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with new technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You outline paths from prototype to product. You are a technical leader for your team. You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team.
· You will architect new end-to-end customer experiences that bring shopping innovations to mobile audiences.
· You deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
· You propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire mobile organization.
· You mentor team members to promote engineering excellence.
· You are continually "looking around the corner" for the benefit of our customers and investing wholeheartedly in building amazing mobile shopping experiences.
Candidate will work based in Beijing, China.
· 3+ years of software development experience in Java, C++, Objective C, Swift and/or React Native.
· Experience developing high quality, large-scale consumer applications.
· Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
· Good communication skills with technical and non-technical partners.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
· English is a highly appreciated skill but not a must if we think the candidate is very strong on technique.
· Experience building highly scalable, consumer-facing systems.
· Expert in software engineering (process, architecture, algorithms, data structures) and knowledge of Agile methodologies is a bonus.
· Passion for mobile development. We would love to hear about apps you’ve developed!