Join Amazon's HR team and help make a difference for all Amazonians!
We are currently looking for an Employee Experience Business Analyst to drive actionable insights through sustainable analytical solutions. We need an analyst who is passionate about the Employee Experience, who thinks and acts globally, and who has the ability to contribute major new innovations to join our Business Intelligence team supporting the Amazonians globally.
Amazon is known to be a metrics driven culture. This role will be responsible for answering questions about the state of our business, generating new insights to help guide the strategic direction of the HR, building and maintaining reports for all levels of our organization, integrating new data sources into a team-specific Redshift cluster, and ensuring data cleanliness and accuracy. You will act as the primary point of contact for ad-hoc reporting and help the team prioritize new requests.
Successful candidates demonstrate an ability to:
· Have passion for sourcing, maintaining and visualizing data
· Demand data accuracy in their work
· Stand before stakeholders, including senior leaders to clearly communicate strategic findings and recommendations
· Prioritize and manage multiple requests simultaneously
· Advocate for working backwards from the customer
· Effectively partner with team members across various roles
· Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (system engineering, economics, math, statistics) or at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in an analytics role
· Working knowledge of SQL (T-SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, HiveQL, etc.) and experience analyzing complex data sets (must).
· Working knowledge of reporting platforms (for examples:Tableau, Microstrategy, QuickSight or equivalent data visualization solutions)
· Experience working with large data sets in data warehouse environments.
· Experience building and analyzing models using various statistical tools for forecasting and optimization.
· Experience in scripting languages like Python, Perl, Shell script
· Experience with Redshift, Dynamo DB, API
· Proficient in statistical programming languages such as R, Stata.
· Comfort/experience communicating and influencing across job levels with both internal and external partners is a must.
· Ability to push back, foresee potential issues, and advocate for relentless improvement.
· Ability to deal with ambiguity easily and shifting priorities.
· Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.