This role is inherently cross-functional and collaborative. You will work with a team of UX designers, engineers and other internal product development teams to create new developer features. You will make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, and clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to partners and stakeholders. Understanding the technical complexity of features and bugs, you will be able to recommend the priority of issues keeping customers in focus.
· Define creative, high quality product roadmaps aligned with team strategy and vision
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture
· Create buy-in for the developer product visions both internally and with key external partners
· Work closely with UX design and engineering teams, and other product and program managers to deliver products to market
Voice-driven AI experiences are becoming a reality and Amazon Alexa is at the forefront of this latest technology wave. Skill developers today can use a variety of Alexa-provided engagement channels to help Alexa users discover their respective skills and engage with them post-discovery. As a Principal Product Manager in the Alexa Experience team, you’ll create the developer tools, APIs and performance reports to help skilled developers best utilize these channels to drive engagement. You will synthesize developer needs as well as current and future Alexa service capabilities into new product features and roadmaps.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
· Bachelor's degree
· 10+ years of software product management experience, including experience bringing new products to market
· 5+ years of experience delivering products requiring distributed applications and APIs
· MBA and/or engineering degree
· Demonstrated ability to discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate new ideas with internal and external partners
· Experience partnering cross-functionally with teams spanning Product & Engineering, UX Design, QA, and Business Development to deliver products and projects on deadlines
· Experience delivering content publishing and/or developer-facing products
· Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills with experience engaging and influencing senior executives
· Demonstrated ability to use data, metrics, and AB testing to support assumptions and recommendations, validate product decisions, and influence stakeholders and partners
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age