Interested in building Machine Learning system? The Alexa Customer Behavior team turns voice usage data into insights that shape product development and drive increased customer engagement. Our team of research scientists and data engineers partner closely with multiple engineering teams across the organization to solve problems that have never been solved before. We own multiple data pipelines that deliver personalized experiences to Alexa customers and we are innovating on both production and in-development experiences to help customers get more from Alexa each day.
We are building an engineering team that will help us accelerate our rates of exploration and experimentation. You’ll help us build out the internal systems to train and validate machine learning models on Alexa language data. You’ll help us prototype, test and deploy data-intensive runtime services in partnerships with other Alexa engineering teams.
To be successful on our team you’ll need a commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners). We’ll be looking to understand your technical expertise, your understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. We expect the successful candidate will have prior experience delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
If you love learning new things, like working hard, are customer obsessed, and know how to build systems that are both robust and flexible, we’d like to speak with you.
· BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 3+ years of software engineering experience
· Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and performance
· Experience with a variety of languages and tools (Python, Spark, EMR, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Java, C/C++)
· Experience with coding practices including design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
· MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience building real world machine learning systems
· Experience with running customer facing, cloud-based, production software systems
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation