Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon, with millions of active customers in 190 countries around the world. We maintain a rapid pace of innovation by treating each team like its own startup inside AWS, directly accountable for their customers’ satisfaction, service innovations, ambitious growth, and meeting revenue goals.
AWS Identity platform provides the bedrock for secure and continuous access to all AWS services. By quickly connecting millions of users, across the world we empower organizations and enterprises to accelerate their cloud and digital transformation.
Engineers within AWS Identity need to be creative, responsible, and curious while working with others to move quickly in turning code into customer solutions. You’re excited about rolling up your sleeves, implementing ideas, and learning from those around you. You want the opportunity to grow your technical and professional skills while helping AWS Identity and AWS grow. You relish the opportunity to dig into challenging operational issues, fix them permanently while taking the learning back as you design the next iteration.
This specific position within AWS Smart Authentication team represents an opportunity to design and build solutions that allow both customers and enterprises to interact with AWS consoles and services seamlessly. We support all the modern identity standards and push the boundaries to create new ones. The team is engaged at using multi-factor authentication by adding factors such as TOTP, U2F, push notifications etc. In addition, team is building layers of intelligence including "smart" features using ML and user profile anomaly detection for context-sensitive authentication providing rich, secure customer experience. Team is also leveraging ML, session context and continuous authentication to build the next generation of step-up auth. If you are interested in building scalable services powered by applied ML, let's chat.
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
4+ years professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
* Proficiency in a modern programming language such as C#, Java, or Python
* Understanding of operating system fundamentals
* Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
* Knowledge of network, distributed, asynchronous, and concurrent programming
* Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
· Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
· Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
· Familiarity with data management techniques including batch processing (similar to MapReduce) and workloads like streaming, and interactive queries.