Alexa News keeps customers informed about the world around them by seamlessly integrating the news they want most into their everyday lives. We build news experiences across multiple devices, including the Echo Family, Fire TV, and Fire Tablet. These experiences touch every aspect of news, from lean-back (“Alexa, what’s the news?”) to specific questions (“Alexa, what’s the latest with the election?”). Our teams work in a fast-paced environment with people who are passionate about our customers, experiences, and systems. As a member of the team, you should be able to learn new concepts quickly and feel at home in a new and constantly evolving space.
On Alexa News QA team, we are focused on making software testing efficient and delivering a quality product through early defect prevention and detection. We develop automated solutions that allow quick release of quality code to production. We build new testing tools or adopt existing test frameworks as necessary in our pursuit, while maintaining our standards for coverage, stability, and efficiency. We continuously work on improving the quality of our tests by ensuring the accuracy and stability of our tests and customize the QA processes to handle the complexities associated with engineering disciplines.
As a Software QA Engineer on the team, you’ll be responsible for defining the test strategy and test plans for Alexa News products, reviewing them with stakeholders and execute tests through manual or automated testing approaches. You work with SDETs and SDEs to improve the automated testing infrastructure by enhancing automated test coverage, building testing utilities and generating QA metrics. You coordinate with AIQ (Alexa International Quality) team to extend the test coverage across new and existing locales. You should have a strong sense of ownership, pushing for QA best practices and operational excellence, with a constant desire to learn and improve.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
· 5+ years of professional quality assurance and testing experience.
· Experience applying SQA methodology and tools.
· Hands-on experience with test planning, test designing and execution, performance and stress testing, implementing and maintaining high quality test automation of both client and server systems.
· Experience building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies.
· Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks.
· Experience defining test strategy, writing test plans, designing and executing software tests, iterative development process improvement
· Demonstrated experience leading the creation and execution of large feature testing strategies
· Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
· Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
· Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
· Experience with open source tools and resources
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practice