As a Software Engineer in Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) Nodes team, you will help make EKS the most reliable place to run containerized workloads on Kubernetes at massive scale (5000 or more nodes per cluster). We are looking for engineers to help build our strong product roadmap and who have or want to develop deep expertise in Kubernetes data plane i.e. Node life cycle, upgrades, cluster auto scaling, monitoring/repair and enable diverse workloads on EKS like Spot, ARM and Inferentia.
Some reasons to consider joining our team
· be part of an exceptional and incredibly collaborative team who has fun while tackling hard problems
· large scale (hundreds of thousands of EC2 instances and growing!) infrastructure management problem
· contribute to upstream Kubernetes, specifically kubelet, cluster autoscaler, kube-proxy, node problem detector
· build using AWS, Kubernetes operators and languages such as Java, Golang, Python
· formulate and implement Kubernetes aware upgrade strategies for 1000s of Nodes
· continuously detect and repair problems with Nodes in a cluster
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience with Kubernetes, specifically around provisioning, monitoring/repairing and upgrading Nodes in a cluster.
· Experience with Golang ecosystem, Kubernetes operator framework and/or client-go
· Experience with architecting large-scale distributed systems preferably using AWS services like DynamoDB, EC2, AutoScaling and SQS.
· Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certification
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.