Digital Photography Review (DPReview.com) is seeking a talented, passionate, and creative engineer to help us build the future of the world's most popular digital camera website. You will leverage our unique position in the industry to constantly strive for smarter and better ways to deliver the content, services, and tools that have made it such a success.
Your core focus will be to build the next generation of web and mobile experiences for DPReview.com. This includes new experiences for viewing and sharing photos, product comparison tools for photographic gear, community and social features focused on photography enthusiasts, and other special projects on the roadmap.
While a part of Amazon, DPReview has its own unique culture. It’s a startup-like environment backed by an industry leader. Engineers will have an opportunity to partner with our in-house product management and editorial teams to help shape projects from concept to delivery.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to be a part of a small, lean team that’ll work across the stack on a variety of interesting problems, then this is it!
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years of professional software development experience
· Some design and / or UX experience a big plus
· Proficient in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
· Strong problem solving skills and computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
· Experience with REST and other web service models
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.