It’s official: Amazon Neptune was launched at the AWS re:Invent conference in November, and its going to make a major impact on the database world!
If you want to be a fearless leader in shaping the future of cloud computing and databases, then Amazon Neptune might be a great fit for you.
Amazon Neptune is a fast, scalable, fully-managed graph database service that makes it easy to build and run applications that work with highly connected datasets. The core of Amazon Neptune is a purpose-built, high-performance graph database engine optimized for storing hundreds of billions of relationships and querying with milliseconds latency, allowing you to easily build queries that efficiently navigate highly connected datasets.
Neptune powers graph use cases such as recommendation engines, fraud detection, knowledge graphs, drug discovery, network security, and many more. Amazon Neptune is built for cloud scalability, durability, availability, and performance. Neptune builds on top of foundational AWS services such as EC2, S3 and DynamoDB to deliver a simple and cost effective database solution for customers worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated engineer who has no fear of going deep and helping teams to solve the toughest database problems. As an SDE on Neptune, you will design and deliver new technologies and features that drive Neptune's high availability, reliability and performance guarantees to AWS customers. You will participate in project execution to develop cutting-edge database services.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor in an emerging space that is shaping the future of the industry. We are looking for candidates who will bring deep technical and engineering skills, combined with a passion for agile code development and working in teams with a startup culture within a larger organization.
To learn more about Amazon Neptune visit: https://aws.amazon.com/neptune/
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
• 7+ years professional experience in software development
· Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
· Experience working on database technologies
· Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
· Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role