PeopleTech seeks a Sr. Program Manager, Learning & Development to develop best in class internal and external training programs and strategies for Amazon's global Time and Attendance software solutions.
PeopleTech is looking for a Sr. Program Manager who is passionate about delivering innovative technology solutions to customers -- in this case, Amazon's hundreds of thousands of global hourly employees -- through the creation of best-in-class software learning, development, and training programs. The best candidates will possess unmatched organizational abilities and will have experience building and managing comprehensive org-wide training programs, driving operational excellence across teams, and cultivating deep trust with key stakeholders to drive successful implementation and adoption of large-scale systems. Responsibilities include developing best-in-class training programs oriented around both in-house and third party software, creating and leading product training sessions for customers across the world, defining and overseeing an automation roadmap to scale customer education efforts quickly, and determining the materials and resourcing necessary for long-term program support. Separately, the role will own a second charter to drive organizational operational excellence, applying best practices for program management strategies across teams. Success is predicated on meticulous organizational skills, high attention to detail, spot-on judgement, and ultimately an unbending predisposition that vigorously advocates for the customer.
Time and Attendance (TAA) serves Amazon employees across more than a dozen business lines in 19 countries (and counting). We are an entrepreneurial team tackling complex problems that Amazon has not yet solved at scale and creating fundamentally improved ways for employees to record time and reduce pay defects. In developing a suite of solutions (including self-service hardware and software solutions) that can be configured flexibly and quickly to support Amazon’s high-growth populations, TAA has a balance of start-up vision and operational excellence, technical complexity and clear product definition, and global scope across almost every Amazon business line.
· Experience in Product or Program Management role
· Experience implementing systems and processes in large-scale, complex environments
· Experience working with and influencing senior level stakeholders
· Successful record of establishing new programs and processes with measurable results, ability to build tools and frameworks that facilitate deployment and change in a complex organization
· Excellent writing skills
· Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple high-complexity projects while upholding a high operational excellence bar for cross-funcitonal teams
· Strong verbal communication and presentation skills; sufficient poise to successfully interact with all levels of an organization, cross-functional partners, and customers. Specific strength in influencing decision makers and managing expectations
· Passion for technology, curiosity to dive deep into Amazon’s suite of technical products and commitment to learning and expanding technical knowledge
· Learning and Development experience
· BA/BS or equivalent required
· Quantitative background with proven ability to synthesize and make sense out of huge amounts of data
· Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an extreme attention to detail
· Experience working directly with tech teams on product enhancements.
· Experience building and implementing large-scale best-in-class learning and development programs, including content development and customer training
· Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
· Strong systems knowledge, uses technology to scale programs and improve efficiencies, experience defining technical requirements and working with systems resources
· Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders without formal authority and lead cross-functional teams across geographies and business units
· Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative solutions for complex customer problems
· Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, experience evaluating tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
· Prior experience working as a product manager, software developer or UX designer
· MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred