With great power comes great responsibility... The IMDb consumer site (www.imdb.com) is the #1 movie website in the world with a combined web and mobile audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors. IMDb sits at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology markets inside the world’s most innovative and consumer-centric company – Amazon.com. IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a small, nimble team.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager - Web Experience who will work with design, business, and technology leaders to define and deliver mobile-first experiences that help entertainment fans explore the world of movies and shows and decide what to watch next. The ideal candidate obsesses about customers, has excellent business judgment, and technical acumen. You will partner closely with Video, Advertising, Product Marketing, and International stakeholders to analyze customer and business needs, create product requirements, and deliver results across KPIs such as customer acquisition, retention, engagement, and ad impressions.
The successful candidate will excel in the following areas:
· Customer Insight & Innovation: You live and breathe customer insights. You and your team develop bold, innovative product solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs.
· Product Delivery: Define and own your team’s short and long-term product roadmap, including business cases, user stories, customer experience, and rapid delivery in an Agile environment.
· Business Growth: Managing the complete business of your product area including establishing key metrics, setting and meeting goals on customers, customer engagement, and retention.
· Cross-Functional Partnership: Foster tight partnerships with key stakeholders. This role in particular requires strong relationships with peers on several teams.
· Technical fluency: You are not an engineer, but you understand how your products get built and can use that knowledge to work with your global product and engineering partners to make smart decisions.
· Communication: Proactively communicate your teams' plans and accomplishments in both verbal and written narratives to ensure alignment with senior leadership and technical partners.
At IMDb, you'll be joining a team of seasoned leaders who value execution and decision making at the speed of startups, but with the backing and resources of Amazon. You can expect a culture of ambitious but achievable product development, built in short iterations with lots of experimentation. We celebrate team and personal milestones, and value balanced lifestyles that enable us to be refreshed and productive each day. Best of all, we share a passion for entertainment; we meet regularly with our founder and colleagues to discuss current films, shows, and events.
· Work closely with design, UX, marketing, advertising, business intelligence, and engineering teams in an agile environment to deliver products to market quickly.
· Define and drive high-quality product and technology roadmaps, from concept to execution, as the product lead.
· Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to measure results, research ambiguous problems, and identify opportunities to invest.
· Participate in weekly, monthly and annual business and product reviews with senior leadership and technology partners.
· Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience
· 5+ years of consumer facing product management experience
· Track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Have been responsible for bringing at least two new products or features to market
· Experience using large-scale analytics and data, both qualitative and quantitative, to shape product decisions and measure results
· MBA or related Master’s Degree
· 2+ years of mobile product management experience
· Experience in online advertising technologies and experiences
· Knowledge of usability principles, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility best practices
· Capable of leading complex product development cycles and software development schedules
· Excellent oral and written communication especially in data driven environments
· Technical aptitude, including familiarity with mobile technology, web services and component-based architecture.
· A love of movies and TV
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.