It’s official: Amazon Aurora is the fastest growing service in the history of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to date. Want to learn how you can play a big role in the cloud revolution? Then read on.
Amazon Aurora is a distributed database service that’s built for cloud scalability, durability, availability, and performance. With Aurora we aim to do nothing less than revolutionize the database business. Aurora builds on top of foundational AWS services such as EC2, S3 and DynamoDB to deliver a simple and cost effective database solution for customers worldwide.
We are looking for highly skilled, experienced, and motivated engineers to solve the worlds hardest scaling challenges. You will design solutions and deliver web service APIs around ‘intelligent’ distributed database systems with availability, reliability and performance guarantees to AWS customers. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing service and help shape the technology, product and the business direction. A successful candidate will bring deep technical expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
To learn more about Amazon Aurora visit: https://aws.amazon.com/aurora/
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Proficient in Java, C#, or C++ (or similar)
· Multi-threaded programming
· Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems
· Experience operating large scale systems
· Knowledge of OS and Database engine internals
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation