Have you ever wished for a database that combines the simplicity & scalability of NoSQL, with the capability & flexibility of SQL? Well, so have we..
Amazon Aurora is the fastest growing service in AWS history, four years running. But we are at the beginning of a long and arduous journey to disrupt industries; through inspiration, innovation, and pure grit.
We are looking for a high-growth engineering leader, ready to take on empires (and win!).
To succeed in this role, you will have a demonstrated track-record of:
1) Hiring top engineering talent – our business is growing, fast. With your help, we will scale the development organization to meet the demands of our customers. You may find yourself wandering the streets wearing a “hiring” sandwich-board. More likely, you will find yourself traveling the world seeking top tech talent from every corner of the globe. You will find yourself organizing tech talks and spreading the word that opportunity is here to stay.
2) Architecting systems for hyper-scale – reliability is core to our brand. Our code is deployed to millions of servers around the world. Our services are built to survive hardware and software failures of all shapes and sizes. Our customers bet their business on the technology we develop. They expect the best, and we aim to deliver nothing less. You will find yourself pushing the envelope on designing systems of scale, to the extreme. You will find yourself working amongst world’s leading industry experts on game-changing technology. You will find yourself humbled every day by what you learn.
3) Customer engagement excellence – trust is core to our brand. Aurora customers love to speak with us about: vision/roadmap, feature requests, support concerns, and generally all things AWS related or otherwise. Our engineering leaders meet regularly with customers, anywhere from small startups to multi-national enterprises. You will find yourself acting as consultant to the technical leadership of multiple fortune 500 companies. You will find yourself on stage presenting our latest innovations at multiple conferences per year. You will establish yourself as a public-facing ambassador for the technology we create.
Does any of this sound like fun? If so then you might be a fit for this role.
To learn more about Amazon Aurora visit: https://aws.amazon.com/aurora/
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 5+ years of experience managing an Agile team of 10+ software development engineers
· Experience building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience building public-facing cloud services
· Experience operating large scale distributed systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation