Amazon is seeking a flight operator with sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills and high standards. Success will require attention to detail, a safety-oriented attitude, flexibility, and enthusiasm for cutting-edge technology. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and can deliver results.
We are looking for a candidate who has extensive Remote Control (RC) pilot experience. This candidate will be expected to conduct flight operations to help test and develop safety technology.
The successful candidate will perform occasional scheduled maintenance and demonstrate leadership on the team. This individual will also conduct limited flight readiness activities and logistics planning as needed. Aviation safety experience is strongly preferred.
Export Control License: This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· 14 CFR Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate
· Experience with remote-control aircraft/multi-rotor products
· 2+ years of RC pilot experience with excellent coordination and execution
· Excellent communications and reporting skills
· Experience leading small teams
· Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a motor vehicle background check
· Experience with commercial UAS industry
· Experience with FAA rules and regulations, including 14 CFR Part 107
· Aviation safety experience as a Safety Officer or similar
· Current US fixed-wing or rotorcraft pilot's certificate.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation