The Amazon Corporate Security team is searching for a program manager for its Prototype Security team who is able to develop, implement and lead security projects and programs to support Amazon’s prototype device teams. This position will provide program security support to all Amazon consumer electronic devices prior to release to the general public and will support the overall security posture for the Amazon Devices Organization. The Amazon Devices Organization designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products as well as devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
This role will have a global reach and focus to ensure consistent security programs are provided and implemented to all of Amazon’s worldwide prototype device users. In this position, the Prototype Security Program Manager will have regular engagement with all product lines of business to create and foster an engagement model to ensure security has a seat at the table with all Amazon Devices Organization product lines. To be successful in this position, the Prototype Security Program Manager must have the ability to learn the Amazon prototype development process and build strong relationships with key business teams, develop and innovate solutions to enable automation of manual data entry processes, and have a solid understanding of data collection methods and metrics analysis to leverage data collected to inform programmatic needs and policy direction.
This position will report to the Amazon Corporate Security Head of Prototype Security.
Job Responsibilities include:
· Serve as the primary security point of contact for all Alpha/Beta/Trials teams worldwide
· Serve as the lead for supply chain security risk and unique programmatic needs
· Provide direction to the Intellectual Property (IP) Protection program for the larger Prototype Security team
· Conduct site security audits at key distribution or supply chain partners and tracking to closure of any associated action items
· Conduct and/or support investigations into losses and security breaches
· Develop and implement security contract language to enhance and support the security of Amazons IP and Amazon’s devices supply chain
· Conduct security risk and vulnerability assessments.
· Assist in the development of security education materials to include online training modules, and be willing to deploy and conduct in person training sessions, employee outreach events, educational posters and handout material
· Actively evaluate, analyze, and use metrics collected to inform programmatic needs and policy decisions
· Assist in the development, drafting and publication of policies and standards related to the global prototype security program
· Support further development of the Prototype Security program.
A successful person in this role will have:
· Security Risk Management experience
· Investigation skills
· Security Awareness
· Intellectual Property Protection
· Supply Chain Security
· Experience of having worked within a Research and Development environment.
· Building capability and programs
· Well versed in the use of Microsoft Office tools
· Domestic and international travel may be required (10-20% of time)
· 5+ years of security experience managing global security program
· Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher certification
· Demonstrated maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
· Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business
· Understanding of statistics and how data is used to inform policies and procedures
· Experience supporting a global program
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to dive deep into issues and do the work yourself if additional staffing is not available
· CPP, CISM, or PMP Certification
(Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation)