** Position just for external candidates and external referrals only**
As a member of Amazon’s Screening Services Operations team, the Background Checks Process lead will support the business through the reviewing of background check results and making decisions about the eligibility for hire based on a risk analysis and based on a number of factors related to each situation.
The Process Lead will provide ongoing support; act as a central point for resolution and management of the day-to-day transactions of several programs through diverse electronic platforms.
The ideal person will be organized, exhibit excellent business judgment, and be able to take a set of facts and make determinations about their potential risk to Amazon. This person will be able to work effectively with internal and external contacts, have the ability to process large volumes of cases, understand the regulatory landscape related to background checks, and understand workflow and forecasting. The successful candidate will have exceptional communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Person must also possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills, along with the customer service focus that the world associates with and expects from Amazon.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Background check program support including adjudication and troubleshooting
· Support of the drug test program
· Continually strive to improve efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems and look for enhancements related to current systems and procedures based on KAIZEN and LEAN methodologies
· Coordinate technical program enhancement projects with HR systems teams
· Improve and maintain metrics for human resources, leadership, and business review
· Monitor service level agreements and resolve issues with internal and external service providers
· Develop and conduct audits, draft audit reports detailing methodology, results, and recommendations
· Update and maintain existing SOPs with the global teams.
· Provide support to HR teams, train new HR members on tools, programs, and policies
· Assist with new projects as needs arise. Support manager with project handling and reporting tasks
· 1+ year HR or investigation related experience required
· Bachelor’s Degree or advanced college education in a related field (Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, Industrial Engineering or alike) or 2+ years Amazon experience
· Exceptional communication. Fluent verbal and written English language skills
· Computer operating and database management skills
· MS Office experience and ability to use MS Excel and Access for reporting and case management
· Customer service orientation with ability to serve multiple customers (candidates, hiring managers, recruiters, HR business partners)
· Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, analytical and critical thinking skills
· Experience in investigations case management
· Experience in HR transactional processes
· Exhibits high degree of discretion and confidentiality
· Ability to spot issues and escalate to business partners when appropriate
· Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary - sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
· Proven analytical capabilities, comfortable working with large amounts of data and in developing metrics and reporting