Amazon is seeking a Senior Product Manager of Technical products to define and build customer facing products for a new, emerging business in transportation. We are a startup team looking for a customer-obsessed, data driven, and innovative Product Manager who is comfortable dealing with ambiguity and building highly innovative and technical products.
In this role, you will be both a product leader and technical expert. You will own a set of products (UI, API, or backend services) allowing our product to scale across multiple geographies and business units. You will work closely with customers, design, engineering, and business teams to continuously deliver value for our customers. These products are a healthy mix of new, V1 and scalable, V2 products for a rapidly growing business.
You are naturally customer centric - working backwards from their needs, and thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and exemplary communication skills. This leader will need to exhibit excellent decision making - prioritizing between existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence. You are a strong business owner who is comfortable sharing their vision with senior leadership, but also working closely with engineering teams to dive deep into details to make ideas into reality.
We have big goals and we want a Product Manager who is excited about the early stages of a business and the impact they can make for our customers!
You will be responsible for:
· Developing customer-obsessed solutions for a new business
· Understanding our customers inside and out via regular travel to customer sites and calls
· Leading teams across Transportation, directly or by influence, that drive the adoption of your products
· Developing product strategy and vision and translating it into creative, high quality, simple features
· Working closely with the engineering teams to design, schedule and deliver in an agile environment
· Making the business decisions that grow the adoption and usage of our tools and accelerate the use of our tools both inside and outside Amazon. Target the right customers, and focus our investments in the right areas.
· Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning, definition, building, launching, to tactical activities.
· Partnering with key stakeholders to define product strategy
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs for speed to market, performance and features
· Promoting data-driving decision making throughout the team
· Addressing barriers through problem solving and coordination with stakeholders
· Partnering with other teams across Transportation to identify and influence development of new products and services
· Build and manage high quality product roadmaps based on your vision and strategy
· Gain support for your strategy and roadmap from stakeholders by writing narratives and influencing peers and senior leadership
· Communicating performance, articulating root-cause analysis and linking to specific improvement areas
· Role is global in nature and will work with teams in other markets. This role will involve about 10% travel
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or related fields
· 8+ years work experience in product management that includes building and launching technology-based products
· Ability to work with teams at all levels of the organization and apply concepts to different countries
· Experience shaping business strategy for technical products or services
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Knowledge of Supply Chain/Logistics/Operations
· MBA or Master’s degree in Engineering, Management, or Technology preferred
· Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members
· Experience building roadmaps, managing product backlogs, and working closely with software development teams to build new products in a start up environment
· Strong ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities in an ever changing environment.
· Experience using data to illustrate business conclusions
· Strong critical thinking skills with ability to challenge normal operations
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Strong bias for action and be able to work iteratively
· Ability to communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong and talented team
· An innovative thinker who also has a strong customer and quality focus
· Has an entrepreneurial spirit
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.