Come help Amazon create and deploy cutting edge new technologies to help deliver packages to the customer door step! As a Principal Technical Program Manager in the Last Mile Technology team, you will be instrumental in helping us create innovative ways to take packages from our fulfillment centers and get them quickly and cost-effectively to the customer. The Last Mile Technology team supports multiple businesses globally, creating the technology that supports deliveries for businesses such as Prime Now, Amazon Flex, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Logistics, Lockers, and other current and new initiatives.
Our team is seeking Principal Technical Program Managers to manage large, cross functional programs and projects that support Last Mile delivery. In this role you will be responsible for delivering large projects end-to-end that span multiple technology and operational teams. These projects will include initiatives such as rolling out new technology to new geographies as we expand, creating new technology to support new businesses and use cases, and otherwise building great technology platforms that can scale to Amazon’s size and global market places.
Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts, coordinating across multiple teams to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects across multiple teams, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
· 10+ years of Technical Program Management experience with related technologies, including managing significant cross functional projects in mid-size or large companies
· 5+ years hands-on experience building software solutions within current industry standard technologies
· 4+ years’ experience leading dev teams to design/architect business software solutions
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
· A first-hand working knowledge of current web development technologies and service oriented architecture
· Advanced knowledge of business applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks
· Strong business and technical vision
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· PMP or Project Management Certification
· Master’s in Business Administration
· 3+ years of coding experience in Any programming language
· Familiarity with building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation