We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to lead a new initiative within Alexa Smart Home. You will play a lead role in driving design and execution across several organizations to deliver on this experience for consumers and developers.
We are building Alexa capabilities which increase comfort and convenience, and improve peace of mind through customers’ smart devices. It starts with what happens when you say "Alexa, turn on the lights" or "Alexa, I'm leaving" and extends to a fully-collaborative virtual assistant for your home.
You will oversee the technical aspects of delivering complex software in a massively scaled micro-service architecture spanning multiple organizations. You will ensure we design products that will scale for the future while continuing to delight our customers.
If this sounds like fun, let's talk!
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
· 2+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer of distributed applications
· Experience applying Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
· Experience building large-scale software systems that have been delivered to customers
· Master’s degree or PHD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
· 4+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Technical Program Manager working on distributed systems
· Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
· Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.