Are you passionate about photography? Want to build products for the largest audience of photography geeks in the world? Come join DPReview.com, the birthplace of camera reviews online, but also the home for photography news, technical analysis, techniques, and community. We believe photos and videos will continue to be a central component of human communication and expression for generations to come, and want to continue focusing on the leading edge of how these technologies evolve, supporting the photo community in new and innovative ways though our site content, features, and new products.
The ideal candidate for this role has extensive experience creating web and mobile experiences that make sense. You constantly research the changing landscape of how humans interact with devices and content, and find yourself dreaming up ways to make those interactions more enjoyable. You crave a team that is focused on innovation, and the ownership and creative freedom to take risks and place bold bets. You are not only willing to fail fast, you believe it is a foundation to longer term growth.
As a Senior Product Manager you will own DPReview’s product roadmap. Working closely with our engineering and editorial teams, you will bring products and features to market that delight our passionate audience of photography and technology lovers. A successful candidate will have a track record of building engaging customer experiences and the customer insights to prove it.
This is a leadership position that will drive change across all layers of DPReview's business. In this role you will:
· Lead the organization through change, evolution, and sustained growth; with the photo and publishing industries changing rapidly, you will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between focusing on existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements and operational excellence
· Identify, develop, manage, and execute uncovered opportunities and present business proposals that will help shape the future of tech publishing and online community engagement.
· Develop and maintain a deep competitive and market research awareness, and think big to identify global opportunities worthy of investment.
· Drive business analysis and experimentation, capturing insights that inform the long-term strategy and roadmap for your products
· Own the product end-to-end from the front-end customer experience to the underlying technical integration and framework across many layers of Amazon technology.
· Drive broad adoption and provide an unparalleled customer experience; you should be experienced with a range of approaches, including: customer surveys and profiling, lean product and feature development, a range of marketing channels (i.e. public relations, business development, media partnerships, branding, etc.).
· Partner with key business and technology leaders outside of DPReview to ensure we are building on top of the wealth of knowledge at Amazon.
· Bachelor degree in a field with a strong emphasis on business or technology (Computer Science, Engineering, Economics)
· 5+ years of general experience in product management, technology implementation, or start-up launching
· Experience in conducting market research and developing business cases and proposals using both qualitative and quantitative evidence.
· Demonstrable experience launching products or companies.
· 3+ years of experience owning technical development of web and mobile user experiences working closely with software/web/mobile developers
· Excellent Verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
· Must be passionate about web and mobile customer experiences, online communities, e-commerce behaviors, and have a demonstrated track record of staying ahead of the curve
· Solid experience in a product management or equivalent role, preferably in launching new products or businesses, with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development, launch and lifecycle management.
· Fearless ability to jump in and do whatever needs to get done to ship.
· Outstanding track record of building very strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Previous experience building products that leverage A.I., Machine Learning, Natural Language Understanding, and/or big data
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.