Are you collaborative and creative with excellent communication and influencing skills? Are you data-driven, with a high degree of ownership? If you have relentlessly high-standards and are interested in working hard to reinforce the mission and culture of our fast-paced, global team, we want to hear from you!
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. To meet the growing demand for AWS Services across the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and innovative people.
At AWS WW Field Training & Enablement, we want our internal employees to hear from key leaders, understand the status of the many ongoing projects, and keep our org engaged on important changes. As we continue with AWS’s rapid growth worldwide, we’re leading several programmatic efforts to enable us to scale and raise the bar. A big part of this is managing communications and giving our employees the chance to understand and align with the new vision and direction. With this Communications Specialist role, we’re looking for a candidate who can exercise high editorial judgment in communicating across a large global org. An ideal candidate will be well-versed with influencing and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders, while driving best change management practices through communication.
· Create messaging for global internal stakeholders including newsletters, blog/vlog posts, wiki pages etc. · Exercising extremely high judgment in narrow timeframes, particularly by injecting logic and care into leadership communications
· Spot emerging topics and developing proactive plans with stakeholders, including crafting communications
· Create end-to-end communications across multiple channels to successfully enable the AWS sales field to adopt key updates, features, and products.
· Create and maintain toolkits, processes, templates, and messaging for global stakeholders.
· Execute on strategy for organization and employee engagement programs.
· Create tools and mechanisms to capture the voice of the customer, and empower employees with engagement opportunities. Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure scalable solutions.
· Build strong working relationship across key stakeholder groups, such as HR and business leaders, as well as frontline employees and managers.
You must be a strong communicator with program management skills and experience. You must be comfortable taking initiative, operating at a global scale understanding cultural and local preferences, and working across teams in an agile environment. Your peers are level-headed, top-notch performers who insist on high standards, advocate passionately for customers, and proactively take the lead when necessary.
· A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a related field, or equivalent hands-on experience.
· Excellent writing and verbal communications skills
· 10+ years’ executive or internal communications experience, preferably at a high-growth, technology company.
· Familiarity and expertise with content creation tools, including blogs, wiki, video, and graphic design
· Strong copy editing and writing skills
· Program and/or project management experience
· Experience with training and/or change management
· Master’s Degree in a relevant field (Communications, Human Resources, Business Analytics)
· Program management experience at a global, public company, ideally a large and well-known brand
· Internal communications experience