Do you want to build the premium shopping experiences for millions of Amazon customers? Do you want to work on performance challenges for providing the best recommendations less than 200 milliseconds, given millions of customers and millions of products? Are you interested in working on Machine Learning and data science, believing every customer should not have the same experience? Amazon has a role or you.
Amazon is looking for an experienced, results-oriented technical program manager capable of translating high-level, ambiguous business goals into working software solutions. Successful candidates are creative, innovative, and take great pride in delivering results and the positive business results of their work. We provide highly scalable, premium shopping experiences for Amazon devices, accessories, and services for all channels, including voice, which will change the way people shop.
You will work closely with product managers and UX designers to identify and solve real-world customer problems and business opportunities. You will interact with senior engineers throughout the company to determine the best practices for architecting, building, testing, and deploying software solutions/components. You will have complete ownership to define new shopping experiences and drive innovation with the latest technologies, including machine learning. We encourage experimentation and pushing innovative technology solutions. You will also have opportunities to build platforms and influence other groups as you define new customer experiences. We are a full stack team, so you will have experience in all aspects of our multi-tiered environment.
Technical program manager positions require that you interact with Product Manager, Customer Experience, other Technical Program Managers and multiple Development Teams to define and deliver complex features. You will lead the effective and efficient delivery of the large, complex projects by anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, making tradeoffs, and balancing the business needs versus technical constraints. You will maximize resources for the greater good of the organization. You will create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders all while driving effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Minimum of 5 years experience managing complex technology projects
· Bachelor’s Degree or 4+years equivalent work experience
· Exceptional written and verbal communication
· Proven experience working with senior leadership and experience defining and delivering on a product roadmap
· Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
· A proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Proven data analysis, problem solving and project management skills.
· Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
· Degree in computer science or engineering preferred
· Previous work experience as a software developer
· The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across Amazon's cross-matrix organization is critical to the success of this role
· Possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
· The right candidate thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.