The Lumberyard team aspires to help game developers create the highest quality games, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their games to the vast compute and storage of the cloud. We’re looking for pioneers who can imagine and deliver world-class technology for tomorrow’s most celebrated games. If you’re excited about the opportunity to invent and build with the entire sandbox of Amazon’s ecosystem, including AWS and Twitch, we want to talk to you.
The Lumberyard Field team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to partner with and help our customers bring the best mobile games to market. As an engineer on the Lumberyard Field team, you will collaborate with customers of all disciplines including artists, designers and other engineers. Your ambition is to empower content creators and developers to deliver revolutionary next generation of real-time interactive experiences. You are capable both of solving difficult, low level performance, device, rendering, and platform problems, as well as inventing high level solutions to entirely new classes of problems in uncharted technology waters. You are comfortable working with game engines and understand the unique perspective of game developers building mobile, cross-play, cross-platform games.
· Be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining engine level technology on Android and iOS platforms.
· Drive design and architecture decisions that result in strong balance of performance, flexibility, and maintainability.
· Write a lot of high performance, highly maintainable code that can scale to varied device specs.
· Optimize game performance on mobile devices with varying degrees of hardware constraints.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience).
· 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
· At least 1 released real-time 3D game or application on mobile where you were a key contributor in graphics/rendering.
· Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write performant, maintainable, and robust code in C++.
· Experience with xCode and/or Android NDK.
· Expertise in Mobile GPU hardware architecture and Android graphics API such as Vulkan, Metal or OpenGL ES
· Deep experience with graphics performance profiling and optimization.
· Familiarity with Google Play and Apple submission, approval and deployment procedures.
· Experience with global multiplayer games leveraging AWS (GameLift)
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Gaps in employment acceptable