The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Identity team builds, operates, and innovates the identity, authentication, and authorization stack for the AWS cloud. Our mission is to push the technical boundaries to enable AWS customers to run their business workloads confidently and securely. As part of this mission, we leverage large scale data analysis techniques such as machine learning and automated reasoning to help customers set appropriate access controls across all their AWS environments.
We are seeking an software developer engineer to be part of our team to build solutions on a global scale, own their systems end to end, and influence the direction of technology used by all AWS customers around the world. In this role you can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, deliver customer facing functionality, and work on project using data analysis techniques. You will have the opportunity to drive mission critical projects, work with senior and principal engineers, and mentor junior level developers.
As an SDE on our team you will:
· Collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of systems and services.
· Define secure and scalable solutions for data collection, data processing, machine learning and customer facing APIs.
· Develop and incorporate machine learning and automated reasoning techniques into customer capabilities.
· Work and grow with talented teams delivering impactful projects.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions while understanding system interdependencies and limitations.
· Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.