Amazon Lumberyard is a free AAA game engine deeply integrated with AWS and Twitch – with full source. The Lumberyard team aspires to help game developers create the highest quality games, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their games to the vast compute and storage of the cloud.
We’re just getting started with Lumberyard. We have an excellent team with long tenure building some of the industry’s most respected games, but we are still growing fast and have many positions left to fill. We’re looking for pioneers who can imagine and deliver world-class technology for tomorrow’s most celebrated games. We’re looking for the best people in the industry to join our team of veterans. If you’re excited about the opportunity to invent and build with Amazon technology including AWS and Twitch, we want to talk to you.
As a experienced Qt Software Development Engineer on our Editor team, you will be a creative problem solver who enjoys developing tools in Qt. You will work with our engineering teams and customers to design and build tools and pipelines for Lumberyard. We’ll count on you to raise the bar with solid engineering fundamentals and leadership, but also with your passion for making great software that enhances the lives of game developers.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of professional Qt related software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams with a specialty in tools and pipeline development
· Multiple shipped PC/Console titles
· Proven expertise building tools and pipelines for game technology using Qt and C++
· Deep understanding of game development tools and technologies (e.g. editors, plug-ins, asset pipelines)Experience working on shared/core technology teams for games
· Experience with CryEngine or Lumberyard (alternatively Unity, Unreal, or other game engines)
· Experience working in a distributed development environment
· Working experience with multithreaded and distributed systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age