Our teams strive to make Amazon the best place for Sellers, Vendors and Brands (our customers) to reach consumers, driven by the experience and support we provide them in growing their businesses locally and globally. We leverage technology including automation, self-service, associate tools, and machine learning to both prevent Seller, Vendor and Brand contacts based on knowledge obtained during our support interactions, and to handle those contacts with quality and efficiency.
The candidate for this position will possess deep knowledge and expertise in certain technical or business fields, have strong experience designing and implementing effective mechanisms, and is expected to develop a broad understanding of business and operations across the Selling Partner organization. The ideal candidate sees around corners, is biased for action in ensuring the team is set up for success in achieving our goals, and earns trust through broad stakeholder influence. This role will play an important role through the business planning process and will get exposure to senior leadership across the organization and within the broader Customer Trust and Partner Support organization in which we sit and will be part of the SPS leadership team.
This role will be responsible for defining a robust Operational plan to realize significant benefits partnering with teams on expansions, work allocation, site selection and growth strategies supporting some large scale Operations initiatives.
In this role we are looking for a Senior Leader to lead key transformation programs and organizational change initiatives for going across an intersection of our in-house and Outsource partner locations. You will be responsible for shaping the end-to-end experience for a large multi-function Operations business.
You must not only be able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but also roll up your sleeves, dig in to understand many perspectives and experiences and get the job done. This role is inherently cross-functional and highly visible with senior leadership. = The leader will be passionate about customer experience, innovation, and cross-team partnerships to deliver business impact. You will prepare strategic recommendations, roadmaps and program updates to senior management.
The right candidate will possess a strong customer experience, analytical mastermind and strong commercial/financial backbone and have a track record for developing a vision, defining a strategy and building programs and change from the ground up.
The candidate must be able to influence across multiple company organizations, be an exceptionally strong communicator and analytic thinker and have a history of delivering results. This person will have solved complicated problems with elegant, simple solutions. He/she must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytic talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
This role is based in Seattle, WA and will involve some International travel.
Who we are. Resellers (Sellers, Vendors) and Brands represent significant value to Amazon’s online retail customers and Selling Partner Support drives success for these selling partners through a combination of people, processes and services. We are a primary interface between selling partners and Amazon through our Associates positive interactions and assistance.
The ideal candidate will possess a blend of analytics, operations and program management background, in this role you will experience a wide range of problem-solving situations with a singular focus on the long term strategy of the SPS operations business.
Up to 25% travel, domestic and internationally on an as needed basis.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to:
· Have a passion to optimize and solve for the Selling Partner experience.
· Be able to define the objective function, resource their own team appropriately and optimize where work flows
· Identify and analyze data to isolate issues, develop solutions and prioritize opportunities for servicing our Selling Partners
· Have a passion for continuously improving customer (internal and external) and the employee experience
· Have experience influencing and earning the trust of senior stakeholders and moving business teams to take action
· Have a strong sense of urgency and commitment
· Be a problem solver who always thinks about what to do next
· Possess flexibility and have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced and highly ambiguous work environment.
· Provide direction to the team to execute and ensure mechanisms are implemented to track progress.
· Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have selling partner quality as the top focus.
· Be a visible and vocal role model across the wider business for Amazon’s customer-centric culture, championing Seller’s needs and using data and technology to anticipate and exceed them
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
* 10+ Years of project / program management is required.
* 5+ years of experience leading teams across geographies.
* Demonstrated ability to drive impact through cross-organizational initiatives.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and manage relationships with senior leadership and stakeholders to drive results
* Bachelor's Degree
* High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
* Master’s in Operations Management, Business, Engineering or related field
* Experience in program product / management or management consulting
* Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
* Experience driving multiple products through a complete life cycle
* Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.