“Alexa, let’s define the future of voice!”
At Amazon we put our customer’s first in everything we do. Within AVS, our customers are 3P Device Makers looking to incorporate Alexa into their products. We partner with device makers to help them either integrate pre-built Alexa platform solutions into their product or explore new Alexa features for their product segment through prototyping, research, and design development.
We are a strategic and well-funded area of growth for Amazon where you’ll be involved in all aspects of Alexa's product, partnership and development.
UX Designers at Amazon are working together to define the future of AI, which requires a high bar for excellence, a prolific approach to design, rapid prototyping skills, and an eye for craftsmanship. Our growing Alexa Design Team is searching for someone like you, to share your unique perspective and add that extra level of polish and excitement to our projects.
You have a depth of experience in digital UX, animation, and motion while also having a keen sense for interaction design and how digital experiences map and integrate with other types of products and services.
It’s important that you’re able to visualize a complete product experience – where an interaction model may only be one element – plus be able to contribute your perspective and strengthen the overall presentation / design of an integrated, multimodal product experience.
The right candidate has five or more years of experience in UX design for major consumer brands and is comfortable in a Senior position, helping to direct others, while also able to take direction, and work in a team environment.
You demonstrate excellent communication and decision-making skills. You are at ease partnering with cross-discipline teams in representing the UX Design Team. You think first from the customer’s perspective and set high standards for yourself and your team in developing amazing experiences.
Learn more about our teams here:
· Bachelor's degree in design, HCI or related fields
· 4+ years of related work experience
· 2+ years of experience in senior design roles
· Expertise in generating, selecting, communicating, developing, and evaluating interactive solutions.
· Intimate knowledge of motion and interaction design, and the ability to conceptualize the next wave of tools and workflows.
· Thorough understanding of animation and storytelling within time and space.
· Strong understanding of design, typography, and image-making – how to optimize these based on technical capabilities and limitations (i.e. screen, no-screen, tv, desktop, mobile, voice).
· The ability to conceptualize, develop, and clearly present work.
· Expert knowledge of technology, a user’s perspective, and its integration into design solutions.
· Experience with multiple platforms and form factors, including smartphone, tablet, multi-modal, and/or speakers
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to gracefully defend your team’s design decisions
· Proven ability to work cross-team, synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, customer research/analytics and to design creative solutions
· Desire to work in a start-up style environment, where iteration and learning is encouraged
· Expert in Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, and at least one industry-standard prototyping tool
· Knowledge of usability best-practices. Specifically related to local and universal visual languages, voice communication, haptic experiences, sensory combination, and symbolism / semantics
· Leads with kindness, clear communication and a touch of swagger.
· Super passionate about emerging technology and creative innovation.
· Has a strong conspiracy theory on Game of Thrones.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.