We are looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager to drive a new concerted effort in Amazon’s eCommerce Foundational Technologies (eCFT) group with a mission to improve developer productivity across all Amazon Consumer (retail and digital) businesses.
Amazon has seen significant growth in consumer business in the last few years with corresponding growth in the total developer population. To be able to sustain this growth and due to limited availability of developer talent in the market, there is a need now more than ever to bend the software development cost curve and make developers more productive and efficient at Amazon. There are multiple initiatives in eCFT as well as across Amazon focusing on improving developer productivity, e.g. building advanced developer tools and support infrastructure, higher-level abstractions to eliminate undifferentiated developer effort making developers as much as 400% more productive, and increased leverage of AWS technologies. Our program will tie the disparate initiatives together and build a center of excellence around developer productivity for the Amazon Consumer division.
As Principal TPM, you will work with partners and stakeholders across the company and build the overarching vision for developer productivity. You will consolidate existing technologies and initiatives in this space and replicate their success more broadly in other areas. You will partner closely with AWS Developer Tools and develop a tool belt to support software development in areas unique to Amazon Consumer businesses, e.g. on-premise systems in Fulfillment Centers, embedded systems in digital devices, and mobile applications. You will explore opportunities to accelerate Consumer adoption of emerging trends, e.g. machine learning, and cloud native.
With the impact of this program pervading across all aspects of Amazon businesses, you will have an opportunity to noticeably impact Amazon’s operating cost, top-line growth, and business agility.
Every day we are working hard, having fun and making history, and we'd love for you to join us.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent experience.
• 10+ years working in software product development, including hands-on experience of large scale systems, web service and database technologies.
• 5+ years communicating vision and strategy to executive (C-level) stakeholders while also diving into detail to make rapid decisions and bring issues to resolution.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Master's or another advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Experience managing large scale, enterprise-wide initiatives spanning dozens of teams.
• Passionate about the developer audience, about developer efficiency, automation, developer tools/platforms and about increasing the end-to-end developer productivity.
• Experience working developer ecosystems, hosted apps/platforms, containers, managed services, frameworks and libraries.
• Demonstrated success driving very broad, v1 agendas across large organizations that require proactive communication, and stakeholder management OR demonstrated success and preference for ambiguous situations where they have an opportunity to drive simplicity and order.