The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Amazon, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Finance at Amazon is about more than knowing the numbers. We are close partners and advisors to our business leaders, and we influence key decisions and strategy. We bring enthusiasm and customer passion to deliver new ideas and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures? Will you dive deep to develop innovative solutions and deliver results? Finance works with purpose and speed and the challenges we take on span multiple industries and functions across our many businesses and acquisitions, all powered by the same mission—to be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Senior Financial Analysts (SFAs) have significant responsibility from the start to impact both business and financial decisions. SFAs evaluate and quantify new business ideas, execute controllership and reporting for their businesses, and perform data-intensive analyses, all to support significant change and improvement to the way we serve our customers.
Amazon seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to play a key role on our Operations Finance team. This role will partner with Delivery Operations and associated stakeholders to support financial and strategic initiatives. You will identify opportunities to improve operating performance across multiple programs such as Prime Now, Whole Foods Delivery, Fresh, and Restaurants, to name a few. The role requires an individual who is willing to work in an ambiguous environment and make a big impact while having a passion for providing data-based decision making.
Job Responsibilities include:
· Ability to manage or lead others and further develop exceptional talent
· Expertise collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to lead business improvement and cost reductions
· Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
· Manage the development of all weekly and monthly financial close, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation and communicating to your Operations partners
· Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
· Proven ability to manage a team with competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
· 3+ years relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
· Experience in Excel (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
· Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results
· 2+ years of experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
· Ability to travel; 5%+ travel expected, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support
· MBA/CPA preferred
· 1+ years of proven familiarity with concepts of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Manufacturing or Distribution financial analysis, direct supervision of others, working with senior executive team
· Committed to learning new things, taking ownership, and delivering results
· Comfortable working in a cross-functional, dynamic environment, managing multiple and sometimes competing priorities
· Ability to analyze financials, dive deep into data sets and provide innovative recommendations to management and business partners
· Ability to work with a diverse range of people to earn trust and build understanding
· Demonstrate strong leadership qualities with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) in order to influence other leaders in Finance and the business
· Access and knowledge of SQL
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age